Sunday, May 8, 2011

Shirley Temple

One of the most famous child stars in film history: Shirley Temple. She brought together movie audiences in films such as Baby Take a Bow, Bright Eyes, Curly Top, Dimples, Heidi, Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, and The Little Princess. She sang in most of her movies as well as tap-danced alongside such co-stars as Buddy Ebsen, Arthur Treacher, and Bill "Bojangles" Robinson. When she was seven years old, she won a Juvenile Academy Award for recognition in her films for 1934.

During her teens, she starred in more movies such as I'll Be Seeing You and The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer. Her last film was A Kiss for Corliss (1949) when she was 21 years old.

As the years went on, she became a wife and mother as well as the U.S. Ambassadors to Ghana and Czechoslovakia. She also had a television series titled Shirley Temple Theatre, which ran from 1958-1961.  In 2006, she was awarded the Screen Actors Guld Lifetime Achievement Award. Her films will continue to be watched and adored for generations to come!

2 comments:

  1. When I was little, people said I reminded them of Shirley Temple because of my curly hair. My Nana (grandmother) tried to teach me "On the Good Ship Lollipop" too, although thankfully I wasn't expected to do any dancing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana tried to teach me that too. :) I remember I brought my Shirley Temple sing-a-long to her place to watch with her.

    ReplyDelete